News for Members
The New Way Team (Trustees) met at Hewelsfield on January 18-19 for their annual Residential Meeting.
They reviewed the work over the last four years, 2004-2007, and established a Plan for 2008-2010. This can be viewed on the Team News page.
Since the Residential Meeting in January, the Team have engaged in conversations with a number of other organisations and individuals involved in 'emerging church'. Among them have been:-
- Fresh Expressions
- Frontier Youth Trust
- Scottish Episcoplal Church - Local Collaborative Ministry
- Mill Leat Ministries
- Church of England Rural Affairs - Arthur Rank Centre
- SafeSpace, Telford
The purpose has been to ascertain how New Way is perceived and the contribution which it has made, and is seen to making. These conversations have confirmed that:-
- The ideals which New Way has promoted for the past 20 years are now embedded in the life of many 'emerging churches'.
- New Way is seen to hold a set of inter-related and inter-dependent values which are not held by any other organisation.
- Experience and practice of creating and maintaining Small Christian Community.
- Reflective practice
- Contribution of all the members
- Shared Leadership
- Commitment to a transformational (Kingdom) agenda
- Patterns for Biblical reflection
- Proven workshop material
- Library of related resources
- Resource booklets and Bible Studies
- Stories of Christian Communities
- Global network of practitioners and communities
- This website
- Ecclesiology based on Mutual or Total Ministry
The task is not complete!
The Team are actively seeking long-term funding to support the 2008-2010 Plan and are hopeful that it will be forthcoming.
At present, the Development Worker is employed on a part-time basis and the office is staffed in the mornings only.
As always, Donations to support New Way's work are welcome and greatly appreciated. Cheques or Charities Aid Foundation Vouchers should be made out to New Way of Being Church and sent to New Way at The Old Deanery, WELLS, BA5 2UG
New Way is a Registered Charity and can reclaim on donations made from taxed income. Please confirm if we may reclaim tax on donations made by cheque.